Dwelling Fire

Dwelling fire coverage is often selected for rental or non-owner occupancy homes.  The coverage is similar to a homeowner policy but without coverage for contents.


  • Coverage A – Dwelling.  Covers the value of the dwelling itself (not including the land).
  • Coverage D – Loss of Use/Additional Living Expenses. Covers expenses associated with additional living expenses (i.e. rental expenses) and fair rental value.
  • Coverage E – Owners Landlords and Tenants Liability. Coverage against legal liability for bodily injury or property damage caused to others by negligence and arising out of the ownership, maintenance or use of the premises designated in the policy and all operations necessary or incidental to those premises.

 How much coverage do I need?

You need enough insurance to cover the cost of rebuilding your home at current construction costs. Don’t include the cost of the land. And don’t base your rebuilding costs on the price you paid for your home. The cost of rebuilding could be more or less than the price you paid or could sell it for today.