Farm Insurance

Farm property insurance helps protect the extra important “things” on your farm, like your home and its contents, your farm machinery and equipment, the products you produce and your farm structures (like barns). Things that make your farm your farm!

Home and Contents

Generally, your farm property insurance covers your home (and any tenant dwellings), your home’s contents (household personal property) and other buildings and outdoor equipment to maintain your home such as:

  • detached garages
  • in-ground pools
  • outdoor radio or television antennas and satellite dishes
  • trees, shrubs, plants and lawns

Insurance for Personal Farm Property

Farm property insurance also covers personal farm property which includes farm machinery and equipment, livestock and farm products (like grain, silage, animal feed, pesticides, fertilizer).

Insurance for Farm Structures

Your farm property insurance should cover losses or damage to your buildings and structures, including barns, confinement facilities, dairy parlors, silos, portable buildings, pens, chutes and corral fencing, building materials for farm buildings and fixed irrigation equipment.

What about Liability Protection?

While you’re working with your insurance agent to get the best farm property insurance protection for your farm’s “things”, don’t forget to discuss farm liability coverage. It’s equally important to the overall protection of your farm or ranch.